Mapping the carburisation and quenching steps of case hardening by using the FEM – Graduate School 1483, Project B9
- Prediction of the residual stresses and the distortion after casehardening
- Minimisation of the hard machining cost after case hardening
Mapping of the mechanical and thermo-physical material behaviour by using FEM
- Experiments necessary to generate a material model
- FEM-Simulation of the process steps carburisation and quenching
- Experimental validation of the simulation results
Further information can be found here.