The IAM-WET is provisionally headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Fernando Puente León and belongs to the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Our research focusses on the core competences of electrochemical energy technology which is essential for electromobility as well as for stationary energy conversion and storage. Our lessons teach the basics of passive components and a deeper understanding of batteries and fuel cells as well as sensors.
Welcome to the IAM-WET
- Electrochemical energy converters (solid oxide- and polymer electrolyte fuel cells)
- Electrochemical energy storage (lithium-ion- and all-solid-state-batteries)
- Electrical/electrochemical reaction- and transport processes at surfaces and interfaces
- Methods for model-based material development
- Electrical/electrochemical measurement- and evaluation procedures in the frequency- and time domain
- Electrochemical modeling and simulation, 3D-analysis of porous media (tomography)